University Union

Atlanta rapper Russ to headline Bandersnatch Concert at Syracuse University

Courtesy of University Union

Atlanta rapper Russ will headline the Bandersnatch Concert next week in Schine Student Center.

Atlanta rapper Russ will be the headlining act of next week’s Bandersnatch Concert, University Union announced on Sunday night.

The performance will take place in Schine Student Center’s Goldstein Auditorium during Winter Carnival on Feb. 24 at 7:45 p.m.

Tickets for the concert go on sale at 9 a.m. on Monday at the Schine Box Office. Student tickets are $5 with a valid SU or SUNY-ESF ID. Faculty, staff and general public tickets are $10 and available online. Attendees of the concert have to be 18 years or older.

In a news release, UU said Russ, an “authentic Atlanta phenomena,” will be supported by fellow Atlanta artist MadeinTYO and student opener Ye at the concert.

Russ is described as an “overnight success,” after his song “What They Want” peaked at No. 83 on the Billboard Hot 100 Hits list in 2016, per the release. Russ is also a member of the popular DIEMON crew, a rap group.

“Russ’ music goes deeper than the average hit single; it’s heartfelt, truthful, and genuine,” states the release.

MadeinTYO, one of the artists supporting Russ’ performance, is another rising Atlanta star. His standout hit, “Uber Everywhere,” has had more than 96 million streams on Spotify, per the news release. MadeinTYO has a new collaboration with rappers Mac Miller and DJ Carnage that will be released in the near future.

Ye meanwhile is a rising producer and musician based out of Syracuse. He has been named to Run The Trap’s “25 Artists to Watch in 2017.”